A young Nigerian man, named Etuky Abasiono, has taken to his instagram page to reveal to the general public how criminals stole his mobile phone and used it to vanish all the money in his GTBank account.
If you’ve been an avid reader of Hype Nigeria, you must have come across an interesting and quite controversial article that I wrote about GTBank’s newly introduced 737 mobile banking, just last year; where I predicted this happening READ HERE.
Meanwhile, read Etuky Abasiono‘s ordeal after the screen shot below.
“1. Just a week ago, I boarded a bus at Obanikoro heading for Costain/Orile, highlighted at Ojuelegba, on getting past the traffic light, I became conscious of the fact that my phone was missing. I dialed my number and it kept ringing & ringing till it was switched off. I kept faith and was hoping for a possible reunion but that was the biggest mistake of my life.
Later in the day I dialed my number and it rang, I was glad thinking the fellow had removed my sim from my phone and inserted it into another phone just to get to me but after 3 trials without picking, switched off was all I heard(my android phone is passworded,so its either my phone was formatted or sim inserted into another phone that made the ringing possible after it was switched off prior to this time, I should have known). Then I became worried but still kept faith, stupidest mistake.
While in a bus heading home, I decided to use the phone of the passenger who was right next to me so as to tell my parents I’m phoneless cos they’d be worried for sure, only for me to be told he faced similar situation & had his account emptied using his number, then it dawned on me that they could have been transacting at the time my phone was ringing that evening.
I got home & ran to the nearest ATM machine, on seeing my balance my face dropped, they had emptied my account. Didn’t know when I bursted into tears, seeing yourself loose money you worked hard for to a total stranger is not what I will wish even an enemy. I wept at that ATM stand for almost 20mins till I was able to gather strength home, I thank God for taking me home cos I still don’t get how I crossed that Ikorodu Expressway seeing 2 oncoming heavily loaded tankers barefooted.
I’m not afraid of starting all over but I’m just scared someone else might not take it as light as I did.
So I’m using this medium to bring everyone to alertness. Be conscious of your phone!!! How they did the transaction I have no single idea and if you are using @gtbank you sure need to double up.
Probably if I’d read or was aware of such occurrences, would have just blocked my account & number immediately.”
- Here’s the video of JAMB clerk saying ‘snake mysteriously swallowed N36m’
- Gospel singer, Prince Gozie Okeke rejoices after waking up from Coma caused by heart disease
- Barcelona soccer star Lionel Messi chills out with his human-sized dog at home (See Photos)
- Actress Victoria Inyama accuses husband of assaulting her and refusing her to divorce him
- Domestic Violence: Man brutalises his pregnant wife over her complaint about his gambling Addiction
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- July 2014
- ALBUM : Umu Obiligbo – UDO GA ADI (Full Album Download) on
- The lady who died alongside Ebony Reigns has been alleged to be her lesbian Partner on
- #BBNaija: Davido reacts to Tobi always begging Cee C in the house on
- ‘Should I pull that up?’ – Teenage girl shares seductive Photos, ask fans if they want her to pull up her Skirt (See Photos) on
- Wizkid’s baby mama gushes about their son’s photography skills with a photo he took her (See Photo) on